Art Show Rules and Fees
ARISIA Art Show Rules and Fees
Art Show Rules
The purpose of this Art Show is to exhibit and sell original artwork of a science fiction, fantasy, horror, and/or fannish nature. Both flat and 3-D artwork will be accepted for display and sale.
- All flat art must be matted, framed or otherwise mounted. Framed works must have a wire for hanging.
- Every piece–print, flat or 3-D–must be labeled with its title, price, and the artist's name.
- Only single copies of limited edition prints (under 500 copies) will be allowed in the Art Show. Larger edition or undocumented prints will be entered in the Print Shop.
- Once an item has been entered in the Art Show, it may not be withdrawn or the conditions of sale (e.g., the minimum bid amount) changed without the consent of the Art Show Director.
- All entries of original art or prints must be your own work (or copies of your own work) on a science fiction, fantasy or fannish theme. We will not permit the resale of previously purchased artwork.
- In order to be represented by an agent at the convention, you must complete the agency section of the reservation form and provide your agent with a signed letter of agency to present at the Art Show.
- Your artwork and prints are not officially checked in to the Art Show until the control sheets have been checked and signed by a staff member.
- No space reservations will be held after 10:00 A.M. on Saturday unless prior arrangements have been made with the Director. Please call 240-515-5248 if you have an unplanned delay. Unclaimed space will be forfeited (along with fees paid) and reassigned to walk-in art.
- Please keep our Artist Check-out hours in mind and plan on having your items out of the Art Show before the end of Artist Check-out so that we may clear the room as soon as possible. We reserve the right to remove artwork from its display space in order to expedite the tear-down process if the artist or agent does not make a timely appearance.
- The Arisia Art Show does not provide insurance coverage for art entered in the show or during shipping. You should ensure that your own insurance will cover your art.
- Art sales do not include reproduction rights. The artist and buyer must negotiate separately in accordance with current copyright laws.
- For your protection, photography will not be permitted in the Art Show, with the exception of supervised, professional press and Arisia, Inc. If you object to having your works used, with credit, by press reviewing the convention or by Arisia, Inc. in its publications, please indicate this on your reservation form.
- Once artwork is sold via Quicksale, no bids may be placed for the piece. Artwork receiving silent auction bids will become ineligible for Quicksale and will be sold to the highest bidder.
- ARISIA ‘13 will make all efforts to mail checks to the artists promptly. Checks will be made payable to the artist unless otherwise requested by the artist in writing.
- FULL PAYMENT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL RESERVATIONS. Please make your check payable in U.S. funds to “ARISIA” or provide credit card information on the reservation form. A $35.00 fee will be charged for returned checks.
Your signed reservation form signifies that you have read and accepted these rules.
Art Show Fees
- The basic unit of space for flat work is the panel, which is made of pegboard and is 4’ by 4’. For 3-D art, the basic unit is the table, which is 6' long by 30" deep. Please remember that the space you reserve must include any clearance between pieces, including space for their attached bid sheets. Your artwork may not extend beyond the edge of any panel or table, and it may not interfere with any works displayed by any other artist.
You are not limited to buying full panels or tables. The available fractional units and their prices are as follows:
1 Table 72" X 30" $28 1 Panel 4' X 4' $28 1/2 Table 36" X 30" $14 1/2 Panel 4' X 2' $14 1/4 Table 18" X 30" $7
- Each artist may reserve up to four panels or two tables, or a combination of panels and tables up to a maximum of four. Requests for additional space will be granted only with the advance approval of the Art Show Director.
- Floor space for large, free-standing artwork will be charged at a special rate. Please email us for a rate quote and include all details about the piece(s) and supports (if any).
- In an effort to encourage student artists, the reservation fee for the first panel/table is waived for all high school students and any college art student enrolled full time in an accredited degree-granting institution. Please include student status documentation with your reservation.
- We will have a Print Shop for the sale of multiple copies of prints at a fixed price. We will no longer have a separate space for hanging print shop art. You must display the original or a copy of your piece with a notification that prints are available at the print shop. You must enter at least 3 copies of any given item for the print shop. Up to 10 copies of any item will be accepted. Space must be reserved in advance on the appropriate line on the reservation form. All sales will be for a fixed whole-dollar price.
ARISIA ‘13 will accept mailed-in art and prints. There will be a $15 handling fee per artist for mailed-in art. In addition, sufficient funds must accompany the art to cover return postage and insurance. Any surplus will be returned to the artist. If you decide to mail in your art you must notify the Art Show Director of that fact at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2012. Mailed-in art must be sent to the following address:
ARISIA '13 Art Show
c/o Karen Purcell
32 Old Nashua Rd
Londonderry, NH 03053
Artwork and return postage checks or money orders must arrive at the receiving address by Jan. 8, 2013.
Please include a hanging layout, or other instructions for hanging your mail-in artwork.
Remember to include space for bid sheets, and keep in mind that no artwork or bid sheets may hang off of the panel. If the Art Show staff cannot reproduce your layout or you do not include a layout, some of your artwork may not be hung. In the absence of specific instructions, the Art Show staff may exclude pieces at its discretion. If you can, test your layout before mailing to be sure that everything fits in the space purchased. The more explicit your instructions, the better the chance that we will be able to hang all of your work. Bear in mind that bid sheets are 5.5" high by 4.25" wide.